The Newest Headlines Surrounding Massage Chairs and Human Touch
Recently, Laurie J. had tried our HT-5320 chair in hopes of relieving some discomfort in her back. Here is what she had to say:
“I wanted to write to your company and let you know that your massage chair is the best thing I have ever come across. About two months ago, I hurt my back from sneezing. My back was in so much pain when I tried to talk around that I had to ask my husband to help hold my back, since it could not support its own weight. The second day, I didn’t want to depend on my husband so I had to crawl when I needed something.
The third day I was finally able to hold things to get around but it was very painful. I finally went to the doctor and they told me that I slipped a disc in my back and it would take time to heal. I am a very active person. I take care of not only children but also horses, and foster somekids as well. I was not able to rest my back for very long, so I have not had much relief from the pain. Until I tried your chair this past Saturday, I could not even tie my shoes without having a lot of pain. I could not pick up anything from the floor. After 10 minutes in your massage chair, I was amazed and in tears. I looked at my husband and showed him that I could touch the floor. The salesman that helped me, Don Peterson, asked me to come back before he left the Costco club. I came back on Wednesday to try the stretch program. Again, this chair provided amazing results. The pain relief and the healing I have received is priceless. I will be buying this chair as soon as my bedroom is remodeled. My husband and I discussed it, and this chair will save me so much in the way of chiropractic expenses. I really wanted to thank you for helping alleviate the pain I was having. Please know that Don Peterson is the best!!”
Thank you so much Laurie for all your kind words. We are glad that our chair aided in the relief you needed. We look forward to hearing more about your progress!
by Dr. James Rouse
This is your year to transcend and thrive! The right diet and lifestyle can be a blueprint to build over-the-top, fired-up metabolism, cellular vibrancy, mental and emotional clarity and inspiration. Diet comes from the Greek word diaita, which means, way of life. It is nearly impossible to sustain and thrive with a healthy diet alone; that is, in the absence of a healthy way of living. A healthy diet is integrally connected to a healthy outlook, positive daily rituals and experiences of movement, service, community, intimacy, friendship creativity and purpose. When your world is intentionally full with these practices your diet (almost magically) tends to be full of nourishment and satisfaction. When your life is more ‘sweet,’ you tend to crave less sugar. If you want to make good on your healthy eating intentions this year and beyond consider stocking your day and life with these synergistic forms of nourishment while you stock your fridge and pantry: deep friendships, unbridled play, purposeful work and service, spiritual connection and community (no additives, no preservatives and nothing artificial).
I consider myself an evolving omnivore that is a lifelong student of nutrition. I love good tasting, healthy, and nutritious food! In the last 20 years I have tried and experimented with macrobiotics, veganism, vegetarianism, pescatarianism and today I really know what works for me. I now put energy and intention on eating more locally and sustainably; doing my best to eat clean and consciously. There is no ‘one size fits all’ way to eat. We are blessed with biochemical individuality . To a certain extent you need to be somewhat of an adventurer and investigator to discover what feeds you best. Keeping a food journal along with how you feel physically and emotionally can certainly help you discover which foods really work for you and which ones make you a little crazy, cranky or just plain uncomfortable.
The Mediterranean diet is a great place to start and the diet I personally embrace and clinically encourage. This diet emphasizes non-inflammatory foods including wild caught fish, nuts, legumes, olive oil, colorful vegetables, whole grains, local fruits, and to a lesser extent, humanely raised and harvested poultry, pork and beef; oh, and wine ( love it). Choosing a Mediterranean style of eating is supported by the scientific literature.
Evidence shows that a Mediterranean diet may help lower the risk for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers. Naturally rich in fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats, going Mediterranean should cover most all of
your New Year’s healthy diet intentions. Calorie–wise, it’s all about portions, no matter what type of diet regime you follow. A recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that the Mediterranean diet was more effective for weight loss than a low fat diet. Hopefully you’re feeling hungry for great vitality and well-being and are inspired to make this year the beginning of a sustainable journey towards the ever-evolving you.
To thrive each and every day you have an opportunity to put these empowering practices to work for you:
-Feed your head first, your body second, and your emotions last. Whole-food nutrition naturally creates a chemical expression of confidence, balance and optimism. When your mind is fed well by eating real food, healthy food, and not skipping meals or snacks, your whole being is in a state of greater hormonal happiness. Strive to eat a whole food meal and/or balanced snack approximately every 3 hours throughout the day.
-Become a morning person and eat your breakfast! Breakfast eaters are the healthiest people around. They have lower rates of heart disease and obesity along with greater levels of productivity, energy and positivity.
-Add nutritious foods rather than delete the not so nutritious choices. Your body chemistry will “adjust” and begin to want healthy foods over the junk. For example, instead of snacking on a giant bag of potato chips, consider crunching on some celery topped with almond butter or peanut butter.
-Water your happiness. Our bodies are more than 75% water. Dehydration makes us more tired and hungry and as a result we often crave sugar and caffeine when instead we should be having a glass of water.
-Sweat your prayers daily with mindful movement and exercise. Dance, play, jump or hoola hoop; it’s all good for your mind and body, memory and emotions. Exercise lowers stress, lifts positivity and raises every role you play in life, be it parent, spouse, friend, lover.
-Be grateful. Keep a gratitude journal and be healthier. Research suggests that this practice, combined with healthy eating and exercise, keeps us happier and healthier.
This month you may be romanced by a myriad of sexy and non-sustainable diets that promise results in mere days. Our egos and ‘lesser selves’ love the idea of a quick fix detox or radical interventions to heal bellies and butts gone bad. To realize your greatest mission and life expression get clear about what you are truly hungry for; peace and fulfillment, conviction with purpose and creative connection. These experiences will feed you greater than any one food or diet. Nourish and support your life with a clean, whole and sustainable eating and living plan. Trust that you are ready to take your body and your life from average to amazing. Balance is the path and the journey is most delicious.
Dr. James Rouse is an esteemed member of the Wellness Council for Human Touch(r). To learn about how to achieve balance at home along with a healthy outlook and diet, take a look at a few health and wellness tips here.
by Olympian Jeff Galloway
It’s natural to become focused on the big things in their life, and worry about outside forces and the reality of stress. But a few simple lifestyle actions can give everyone more control over attitude, energy, while reducing and managing stress and fatigue. These activities give you a strategy to enjoy key personal relationships, inject you with natural vitality hormones, while connecting you with powerful creative and intuitive powers inside.
1. Set aside half an hour every day for yourself: Wake up 30 minutes early and go for a walk, run, or other exercise. While the exertion will wake up the muscles, you’re away from the phone, and can let the mind be free. Most who start with a blank mental state, finish their exercise session with the day planned, and a few new ways to deal with problems. Others like to walk during lunch hour, while munching on an energy bar. This can clear out morning stress and prepare mind, body and spirit for the afternoon. Many evening exercisers believe that the weight of the days stress is erased or contained with the after work workout.
2. Allow yourself a massage at the end of the day: Some use self massage techniques on muscles that are tight, achy, or fatigued. I use the Human Touch massage chair and it is wonderful. As your muscles are stimulated to recover and blood flow increases, your mind can relax. Human Touch massage chairs relax and soften injured and overused muscles, reduce spasms and cramping, increase joint flexibility, help prepare the body for workouts and reduce recovery time. Regular massage also improves blood flow to oxygen-starved back muscles and prompts the body to release endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller.
3. Don’t sit–walk!: The addition of a few extra short walks, throughout the day, will energize the body and activate the mind. Park farther away from work, the food store, the transit station, etc. Many of the clients I’ve worked with use a step counter for motivation and calorie counting. It helps to find one that is consistent and reliable (usually @ around $30). Shoot for 10,000 steps a day. You are rewarded for getting out of your chair (or the couch) more often. These short walks burn fat, which adds up. But the best reward is the head clearing effect, which can power you through the mid morning or mid afternoon energy crises. Even a 3-4 minute “recess” walk at work, can help you think better, infusing energy and confidence. The best part is that you feel better.
4. Eat more frequently: Each time you eat, even a small snack, you receive an energy boost. The longer you wait to eat, the more likely your metabolism will slump into drowsiness and laziness. This also means that you’re not burning many calories. If you divide up your daily calorie budget into 6-9 snacks a day you’ll burn more fat (up to 10 pounds a year). Eat a snack every 2-3 hours, and you can feel better all day. It helps to choose foods that have (percentage of calories vs total calories) about 20% protein, about 15% fat and the rest in complex carbohydrate. This combination will leave you satisfied longer with fewer calories consumed. To experience a fat loss, consumption can be managed through websites or journals.
5. Help someone exercise: The psychological benefits are significant when you help someone improve the quality of their life. Offer to walk (run, hike) with your spouse, parent, friend co-worker, child—or all of the above. My books WALKING & GETTING STARTED have proven programs with motivation which can lead you and your “coach-ee” through the training.
Read more tips from other Human Touch Wellness Council members here.
Olympian Jeff Galloway has helped over a million exercisers to their goals through beach retreats, fitness schools, individual coaching, books and training programs. Subscribe to his free newsletter at www.JeffGalloway.com
Built-in Heated Jade Stone Therapy Helps to Sustain Day-to-Day Activities
Long Beach, CA – Feb. 8, 2011 – Human Touch®, the U.S. market leader of innovative massage chairs and other wellness solutions, is proud to introduce the Perfect Chair® Serenity™ Zero-Gravity recliner. This luxurious chair offers an outstanding level of comfort and relaxation, which is especially important for those seniors looking to stay active and find an easy way to recover and rejuvenate every day. Dr. Hoon Kim, Acupuncturist and Medical Qi-Gong Practitioner, recommends the Perfect Chair® Serenity™ to all seniors trying to sustain day-to-day activities.
The PC Serenity™ is the newest chair from the Perfect Chair® line by Human Touch®. This zero-gravity recliner features built-in jade stones which radiate far-infrared heat and wave therapy. The far-infrared heat penetrates muscle tissue up to three inches deep. The healing warmth helps to reduce inflammation, relieve joint and muscle pain, improve circulation, and speed cellular recovery.
“For active adults who look to take care of their bodies, excellent circulation, increased oxygen in the blood and fast recovery from pain and disease are needed in order to sustain day to day activities. I recommend the Perfect Chair Serenity™ because it helps deliver this same kind of therapy” says Dr. Kim. “The jade found in the Serenity™ chair consists of many of the same elements found in the human body. Because they emit similar frequencies, the jade’s vibration goes deeper into the cells while the far-infrared heat penetrates the muscle layer.” Dr. Kim is a member of the Human Touch® Wellness Council, a group of esteemed experts dedicated to educating the public about the important benefits of massage therapy, relaxation and other wellness practices.
The PC Serenity™ integrates earth’s natural elements and the healing arts of the Far East into an amazingly comfortable chair that soothes tired, aching muscles, elevating the body to a new state of relaxation. The design is inspired by the neutral body posture chaise position developed by NASA to support astronauts’ ascent into orbit. The ergonomic frame of the Perfect Chair® puts the body in a virtually weightless position that physicians recommend as the healthiest way to sit. The PC Serenity™ is part of Human Touch’s line of Perfect Chair® Recliners, sleek and elegantly designed relaxation chairs, which incorporate zero-gravity engineering to relieve soreness, pain and fatigue caused by the earth’s constant gravitational pull on the body.
Below are some of the key features of the PC Serenity™:
- Jade Stone-Transmitted Far-Infrared Heat: Jade stones radiate far-infrared rays that deliver healing
warmth up to three inches deep into tissue, reducing inflammation, relieving joint and muscle pain, improving circulation, and speeding cellular recovery.
- Serenity™ Wave Therapy: The chair’s rapid-deploying heat quickly reaches the optimal temperature and then electronically maintains the perfect level of warmth. Combine that with gentle-wave therapy and elevate the body to a new state of comfort and ultimate relaxation.
- Electric Recline System: A smooth-functioning, high-performance recline system with whisper-quiet motors eases the chair from upright to full recline in less than 15 seconds. You control your journey from sitting to floating with an unobtrusive, easy-to-use fingertip recline lever.
- Luxurious Bonded Leather: With comfort, flexibility and durability in mind, Human Touch’s bonded leather is crafted using a combination of man-made materials and genuine leather. The generous cushions and furniture springs provide a soft touch and an indulgent seating experience.
The PC Serenity™ is available for sale at participating retail locations nationwide or at www.humantouch.com for $3,999.00 MSRP. It is available in four different colors: Black, Espresso, Red, and Cashew.
About Human Touch®
In pushing the boundaries of its traditional massage chairs and wellness products through advanced proprietary technology and innovation, Human Touch® is focused on infusing health and wellness into everyday lives through high-quality, design-oriented and award-winning massage chairs, Zero-Gravity Perfect Chair® Recliners and other wellness products and solutions. Human Touch® has been making people feel better™ for more than 30 years by developing state-of-the-art massage and wellness products, as well as by providing valuable consumer education about the substantial health and wellness benefits of regular massage therapy, relaxation and proper posture. Stress relief, increased range of motion, pain relief, improved circulation and increased immunity are just some of the valuable health benefits associated with regular massage therapy. Human Touch® products are available at back care specialty stores, fine furniture stores across the country, through international retailers and distributors in more than 40 countries, as well as online at www.humantouch.com.
# # #
BERKMAN for Human Touch®
619.231.9977 x305 (office)