In honor of National Men’s Health Month, our Human Touch® Wellness Council Member and U.S. Olympian Jeff Galloway shares a few helpful wellness tips for men and talks about why it’s ideal to back off of an exercise when there is inflammation and how a Human Touch® massage chair is just the trick.
Human Touch’s Wellness Council is committed to educating professionals, sports-enthusiasts, back pain sufferers and consumers alike on the importance and benefits of taking control of their daily lives, maintaining a healthy balance of mind, body and spirit and maximizing their overall health and wellness lifestyle by incorporating regular massage into their “wellness” routine through the use of personal massage products.
Each Human Touch Wellness Council Member serves as an ambassador for the importance of daily massage, communicating their key wellness messages through online and offline media, community events and public forums.
Fitness Tips For Men-Women Take Notice
June is National Men’s Health Month. But since women influence men’s health habits more than any other source, let’s work together to help the male population live longer and feel better.
1. Regular, gentle exercise improves attitude, vitality, and extends lifespan. I’ve found nothing that brings together body, mind and spirit better than a gentle walk or run, at least every other day. Even ten minutes of gentle walking will release stress, trigger the release of positive attitude hormones and make you feel better.
2. Exercising with a spouse or significant other can enhance the relationship. There’s a special communication between couples who walk, run or exercise together. Schedule your exercise “dates” on your calendar.
3. Eat more vegetables, fruit, and lean protein. The body runs better when burning quality fuel. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with phyto nutrients that unlock healthy processes all over the body. About 25% of the daily calorie consumption in lean protein foods can provide the building blocks to repair cells and keep the body running to capacity.
4. Get a step counter and shoot for 10,000 steps a day. Instead of sitting around, waiting for a meeting, kids, etc, WALK! Even walking for a minute or two, several times a day will improve energy level, increase blood flow, and stimulate the conscious mind.
5. Take care of sore or potentially damaged muscles before they are injured. Back off of an exercise when there is inflammation, loss of function or pain. Treat tendon irritation with an ice massage of 15 minutes. Massage is the best way I’ve found to stimulate the repair of damaged muscles. After using ice, the Human Touch massage chair is my major recovery activity. I always feel better after a Human Touch massage. If wellness is important to you, I highly recommend trying out one of their many chairs to see which one fits best with your livingroom or office and lifestyle.